GET TO KNOW JOANNA
RECENT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Staff Pharmacist at Pure Life Pharmacy in Foley, AL
- Pharmacy Manager Heritage Compounding Pharmacy in Mobile, AL
- Pharmacy Manager Fred's Xpress in Haleyville, AL
- Pharmacy Manager Wal-Mart Pharmacy in Haleyville, AL
- Pharmacy Manager Wal-Mart Pharmacy in Russellville, AL
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Pharmacist License #16230, Alabama State Board of Pharmacy
- Pharmacist License #T-14714, Mississippi State Board of Pharmacy
- Pharmacist License #40874, Tennessee State Board of Pharmacy
- Certified Preceptor, Alabama State Board of Pharmacy
- BLS for Healthcare Providers, American Heart Association
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Certification, American Pharmacists Association
- Lifestyle Educator, Metagenics FirstLine Therapy
- Certified State Employees' Insurance Board Wellness Program
- Doctor of Pharmacy
How long have you been a pharmacist and how long have you been a pharmacist specializing in compounding?
I have been a pharmacist for 9 years and have worked in compounding for the past 5 years. I began as a pharmacy technician in 2003.
What got you interested in compounding?
Back in 2008, I needed a medication that had to be compounded. As a patient, compounding made a huge impact on me. It met a need that would otherwise not have been met at a regular, retail pharmacy. As I began to expand my compounding knowledge, I began to realize just how important customized medicine is for so many people.
What are your favorite things about working in a compounding pharmacy?
I absolutely love serving others; it's what I love most about my career. Compounding lets me use my pharmaceutical knowledge to provide a prescription in a unique dosage form that meets a patient's specific needs.
Favorite Song: Mele Kalikimaka Bing Crosby
Favorite Movie: The Star
Favorite Food: Crème Brûlée
Favorite TV Show: The Office